Head of Production
Social Media Manager
(Each role defined below)
HEAD OF PRODUCTION
NEER is growing. Founded in 2018, we are an artist agency and production company representing a curated roster of cinematographers and director/dp’s. Our filmmakers work on a range of projects spanning the film, television, entertainment, advertising and music industries.
We have recently launched NEER Films - our director roster - and will be aggressively growing our brand and opportunities for our directors and cinematographers in the commercial and narrative arenas. Additionally, NEER represents a curated roster of editors and colorists (and some of our core directors & DP’s also edit), We intend to grow what we’ve established with NEER Post in a significant way, as a part of our capabilities and service offering to our clients and collaborators.
We are looking to hire a fractional Head of Production position who can grow into full-time as the department grows. A seasoned producer with an understanding of live-action and post production.
HIGH LEVEL OBJECTIVES
- Materially participate in building NEER’s brand as a motion production company within the advertising (broadcast & digital), film and television industries.
- Oversee all aspects of production and develop effective procedures and systems that support scalability.
- Grow new business relationships and opportunities within the advertising and narrative industries.
- At least eight years of broadcast commercial & digital production experience (producing/line producing).
- Relationships with advertising executives & creatives, EP’s, film & television executives, line producers, etc.
- Client facing leader with an understanding of advertising agency practices, agency/client relationships; proven ability to manage client expectations.
- Understanding and experience with AICP guidelines and production practices; bidding, managing and reconciling budgets
- Understanding and experience with PGA, IATSE, DGA, SAG, etc. as well as labor laws and payroll/workers compensation.
- Experience with drafting and executing SOW’s (for both live action productions as well as post productions).
- Passion for being an integral part of a fast growing, relevant company; drive to grow business opportunities and client relationships.
- Ideal candidate has:
- Technical knowledge of post production programs and workflows: from estimation & scheduling through finishing. Knowledge of CGI, VFX, motion graphics, sound design, color, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in a post supervisor role, managing schedules, budgets, liaising between artists and clients, overseeing QC, etc.
- International production experience / knowledge base (I.e. Mexico, Canada, Europe)
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
- Manage and oversee the production arm of NEER
- Support Founders on management of the business plan, revenue goals. Adjust strategies & approach when faced with challenges and/or objectives are not being met.
- Build a network of internal support staff & freelance production partners who can support the company’s current & emerging needs and prepare for rapid growth.
- Actively pursue new business and market NEER’s capabilities as a production partner to various clients with whom we can be a valuable partner:
- Brand Direct (fashion, luxury, beauty, lifestyle, active/sportswear)
- Brand Direct (Consumer Goods)
- Key Art Agencies
- Digital Branding Agencies & Advertising Agencies
- Establish financial goals and targets.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide clear and positive leadership and growth-focused mentorship to NEER’s junior employees as well as freelance producers.
- Work closely with Partners to support and maintain a healthy, collaborative and productive company culture.
- Be a vital voice in the initial assessment, viability and forecasting of potential projects.
- Act as the conduit between clients and NEER team for both full-service NEER productions, as well as post production continuation from NEER artist bookings.
- Oversee all production related scheduling and planning; ensure that projects are scheduled accurately and are kept on track.
- Oversee all production-related expense management and budget reconciliation.
- Connect with Accounting Department on financial reporting, methodologies, goals and strategies on a consistent basis.
- Manage Independent Contractor Agreements & NDA’s; aid in establishing rates, guidelines and expectations of freelancers.
- Aid in building NEER’s database of potential clients, directors, producers and any potential client for NEER.
- Assist with marketing presentations to showcase NEER’s artists and production capabilities.
- Ensure top level attention and customer service to clients.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience (we are looking for a candidate who wants to grow with a young company)
Flexible / remote role (ideally NY or LA based)
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER (Entry Level or Internship)
(Los Angeles / New York — working remotely at this stage)
We are growing our team and are on the search for an social media intern or entry level candidate to assist with the day-to-day workflow (with a heavy focus on brand growth via Instagram). Ideal candidate should be based in New York or Los Angeles able to work remotely/from home.
- Ideal candidate has a strong desire to work at an agency/production company within the film industry; has an interest in the work of directors and cinematographers across a range of fashion and beauty advertising, commercial broadcast advertising, film & television, and the music industry.
- Exceptional skills and savviness in social media outreach to acquire new followers and to grow brand awareness & new relationships with target audience and overall company goals.
- Strong understanding of competitors; enthusiasm and interest in being “in the know” of what directors and DP’s are working on current and relevant content, and having the initiative and drive to connect with key players (I.e. producers) to get Neer on their radar.
- Graphic design experience (and area of study) a plus.
- Proficiency with a range of software and social media/communication platforms (Apple, Adobe Suite, Google Suite, Vimeo, Mailchimp, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Flexible to evolving responsibilities in a fast-growing company.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Candidate must be driven by objectives and results; impeccable attention to detail.
- Must be a high performing, collaborative, team-oriented individual who thrives in a dynamic fast paced environment.
- Must have meticulous organizational and prioritization skills; Must work efficiently and productively to produce maximum results; Must be able to “juggle” a large number of tasks on the go at once (I.e. multiple levels of detail and check points across multiple jobs, continuously)
- Direct, transparent, honest and respectful communicator.
- Must be a creative planner and problem solver and strategic thinker; A “connect the dots” person.
- Must have the highest level of standards for exceptional customer service, including quick response times, friendly rapport, follow-up, feedback, and investment into long term relationships mentality.
- Exceptional written and verbal skills.
- Ability to remain calm and focused in high pressure situations and maintain a positive professional attitude / not take things too personally when faced with undesirable outcomes.
- Commitment and willingness to support our team on any level no matter how big or small. We are looking for a solid team player with proven experience and relationships and who wants to be a part of a young company experiencing rapid growth.
- Outreach / Research / Engagement with target audience: INSTAGRAM
- Assist in NEER’s goals to grow our audience and revenue opportunities via social channels (with a particular focus on Instagram)
- Follow and engage with key relevant accounts
- Stay focused on these accounts’ new posts
- Mine posts for credits & tags to continuously find more potential contacts (directors, producers, etc.)
- Feed agents findings via IG research workflow
- Track IG analytics, share regular insights and present monthly performance reports
- Neer Artists Daily Engagement & Reposting
- Follow daily posts for all artists on Neer’s roster / engage with & repost content
- Assist with Neer’s Daily Posting Workflow
- Create & repost stories & reels
- Create posts for main grid
- Edit Reels
- Assist with relevant hashtags for posts
- Acquire handles for crew & key people associated with campaign posts
- Assist with copy for posts
- Assist with outreach to relevant stakeholders (this process is coordinated by Social Media Manager)
- Play an active role in social media and PR strategies; promoting artists’ assets throughout appropriate channels.
- Additional responsibilities may involve asset management; backend organization on Vimeo and website.
- Provide insight, support and ideas to the team regularly to assess current and future needs/ adjustments to workflow, systems, resources, etc. to ensure a healthy and sustainable scaling of the business.
- Research projects as assigned to you (I.e. potential artists for roster, instagram accounts of competitors, production companies, brands etc. to stay up to date on recent industry activity/ what artists & teams are working on projects).
- Continuously identify ways to increase productivity and quality.
- Maintain highest level of confidentiality with company information & documents.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com